The original Timber captured the thrill of incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) capabilities in a design featuring sporty flight performance and ultra-friendly handling. From low-time to very experienced pilots, nearly everyone enjoys flying the Timber–but some wish it had even more aerobatic capability. The E-flite Timber X 1.2m combines the STOL capabilities of the original model with a new wing design featuring oversized ailerons and flaps, plus an enlarged rudder and elevator and a more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system, to also deliver 3D performance you’d expect from an all-out aerobat!
- Incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) plus 3D capabilities
- Enlarged and oversized control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines
- Six durable and factory-installed high-torque, metal-geared servos
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible brushless outrunner motor and 50-amp ESC
- Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized tundra-style wheels
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced, hollow-core EPO construction
- Optional-use leading edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Optional EDO-style floats (EFL5261, sold separately)
- eXtreme Maneuverability: The factory-installed brushless power system features a 50-amp ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or eXtra power and vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
- eXtra Power: The factory-installed brushless power system features a 50-amp ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or eXtra power and vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
- eXtremely Durable: Composite-reinforced, hollow-core construction with EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. The Timber X 1.2m is also equipped with high-torque, metal-geared servos plus the shock-absorbing landing gear and oversized tundra-style wheels of the original model so you can fly aggressively from almost any surface.
- STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) Capable: The wing design has a shorter span yet almost as much wing area as the original, plus it features drooped wingtips and can be equipped with the included optional-use leading edge slats for improved slow flight and STOL performance. These features, along with the lightweight design, oversized flaps and high-power brushless motor make it possible to spring into the air or float down to land in as little as two feet or less.
- LED Lights: Like the original, the Timber X 1.2m comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation, and strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery.
- Optional Floats: Owners of an original Timber 1.5m model can use the float set it came with on the Timber X 1.2m, or the EDO-style float set is available separately and includes the required mounting struts plus a dual-rudder steering system for excellent handling and easy takeoffs and landings on water.
Wingspan: 47.5 in (1200 mm)
Overall Length: 41.5 in (1055 mm)
Wing Area: 527.3 sq in (34.0 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 55.0 oz (1560 g)
Motor Size: Brushless Outrunner 10 1300Kv
Prop Size: 12 x 4
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
- (1) E-flite Timber X 1.2m with
- (1) 50A Brushless ESC
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (6) High-Torque, Metal-Geared Servos
- (1) Spektrum AR636 6-Channel Receiver
- (1) Set of Optional-Use Leading Edge Slats
- (1) Product Manual