The Tamiya 1996 Porsche 911 GT1 Street TA03R-S 1/10 Touring Car Kit is the “street legal” version of the 1997 911 GT1 Le Mans race car replica. This replica returns on the TA03R-S chassis, which is a short wheelbase variant of Tamiya’s highly successful and fun TA-03 4WD touring car. The actual car debuted in 1996, and was a “street” car with an extremely strong racing heritage – powered by a 3.1-liter inline-six rear-mid engine generating nearly 600hp, it was said to reach speeds of up to 205mph (330km/h). The racecar took second and third in Le Mans in 1996, and went one better with a 1-2 finish in 1998.
NOTE: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See needed to complete list below for a list of items required to complete the model.
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit
- Lightweight and durable polycarbonate
- Separately molded plastic parts are included to recreate side mirrors and rear wing
- Includes detail marking stickers, and window masking stickers for use during the painting process
- The TA03R-S is a special version of the TA03 with the motor in a rear midship position like the engine on the actual car, and a short wheelbase
- Different front and rear wheel offsets give the model that quintessentially Porsche wide rear tread
- Single belt-driven 4WD makes for smooth, efficient power via differential gears in sealed gearboxes
- Features oil dampers front and rear, with front CVA Super Mini dampers enabling a low stance
- Includes 540-motor
- 2-channel radio
- Steering servo
- 7.2volt battery & battery charger
- Polycarbonate paint for body
- Tools for assembly