The Team Associated RC8T4 Team 1/8 4WD Off-Road Nitro Truggy Kit raises the bar for off-road racing. With a desire to push the boundaries the engineers at Team Associated’s Area 51 have included the most up to date and innovative racing features to your finger tips. Incorporating updated front end geometry, front and rear gearboxes, front shock tower, adjustable rear wing mount, symmetrical rear hubs, and more it is easy to see how this latest offering from Team Associated is so highly anticipated!
- Innovative front-end geometry with updated 8 deg. steering blocks are paired with a updated wider upper suspension arm pivot for improved steering balance and predictable handling in all conditions.
- Updated front and rear gearbox designs are engineered for better drivetrain efficiency with reduced phasing and vibration. Larger bearing sizes resulting in longer life of ring and pinion gears.
- Updated front shock tower design with updated suspension geometry and body mount positions for all styles of truck bodies.
- Updated material on rod ends and anti-roll bar links for improved durability.
- Front upper suspension arms updated to have bushing insert for improved fitment and performance.
- Updated rear wing mount has adjustable wing angle shims, significant strength improvements, an aerodynamic shape, and extra clearance for shock position adjustment.
- The adjustable rear wing has more vertical fins for increased straight-line stability, a taller rear lip height for increased downforce, and increased strength in various areas to reduce bending fatigue.
- Updated rear chassis brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox, which reduces material fatigue, centralizes shear forces, and improves the life of rear end drivetrain parts. There are three different chassis flex options using two chassis hole mounting locations and an optional turnbuckle ball for flex in more degrees of freedom.
- Updated rear hub features a symmetrical left and right common design with axle height inserts for adjustable roll center tuning options.
- Fuel tank with an ergonomically designed lid puller, high capacity, quick reference fuel markings, and 1-, 2-, and 3cc stackable volume inserts for volume adjustment at sanctioned events.
- Updated gearboxes are specific to front and rear with larger bearing sizes resulting in longer life of ring and pinion gears: Front gearbox is a 3.5 deg. inclined pinion gear angle to straighten the center driveshaft for increased drivetrain efficiency and reduced phasing and vibration. Rear gearbox is a 0 deg. pinion gear angle and a center mounted rear chassis brace.
- Updated +2 mm and +4 mm shock rod ends for finer adjustment of droop and up-travel settings.
Assembly Level: Kit
- (1) RC8T4 Team 1/8 4WD Off-Road Nitro Truggy Kit
Needed to Complete :
- .21 class rear exhaust engine
- Exhaust system: muffler and header joining pack, or muffler spring
- 2 or 3 channel radio/transmitter set with switch – FM/PCM/2.4GHz recommended
- 4.8-7.4v receiver battery
- Flat style NiMH, OR Flat style LiPo receiver battery
- Model car fuel (20-30% nitro recommended)
- Fuel bottle
- Glow igniter
- Starter box
- 1:8 scale truggy body
- 1:8 scale truggy tires & wheels
- CA (cyanoacrylate) glue
- Polycarbonate-specific spray paint or polycarbonate-specific bottled paint and airbrush
- Thread-locking compound
- Steering servo
- Throttle servo
- Silicone Shock & Diff Fluid